Thursday, March 13, 2008

There's something about Luci.

Did I ever tell you the story of how I got punched in the face? Don't worry, it's a short one. Danielle wrote a blog about how Shawn mutters obscenities and acts really creepy, well Maja beats me. So how does it feel to be one upped, Dani?

It was a night like any other for me and my beautiful Maja. After making a candlelight dinner, rubbing her feet, and tucking her in for the night, she fell quickly asleep. I stayed awake for a while longer to do the dishes and gaze at my favorite photos of her, sighing longingly for when we would both wake in the morning. Apon falling asleep with dreams of Maja, I suddenly found myself awake, hours later, missing my beautiful fiance and my unborn baby girl. With a slight grin on my face, I slowly turned to kiss Maja on the cheek, and to my surprise, she was waiting to give me a kiss on the cheek as well...

... With her fist.

Although screaming, "Why!?" could never justify the deep hurt that I felt, Maja just simply rolled back into her pillow and told me to "man up."

Okay, okay. So maybe that's not exactly how it all went, but the point remains! "But Adam," you'd say, "it was probably just a mistake. She was probably just dreaming of past memories of you doing and/or saying stupid things." And you may be right, if this had been the first time she punched me. Oh no, no, no - says my stomach, who took a deliberate blow when she used a pretend context to actually punch me.

And THAT, my friends, is the mother of my awesome, cute, grunting, pooping, drooling little girl.


















That's her discovering that her hand can hold things. A couple weeks ago she first discovered her hands, then a couple days ago in the bathtub/sink she discovered her toes. Right now it's a battle for attention between my face and her hand. They're both pretty impressive, but I think her hand is winning. So that's now two hands that have beat me, one through cuteness and curiousity, and the other through spousal abuse at 3am.

Luci's starting to mumble a lot, and not like daddy mumble, it's actually loud and directed at someone. Mommy's slowly forgetting how to finish sentences; while Luci talks precisely to Mommy before and after feedings, Mommy responds vaguely with jarbled sentences.

I kid, I kid. Maja had to call her mom today to get the punchline to a joke she just had to tell me, but couldn't remember halfway through. All jokes aside... she's been absolutely wonderful, and I still don't know how she does it. Luci falls asleep next to Maja at night, and I can't even keep her sleeping while Maja gets ready for bed. I feel kind of selfish, because while Maja gets to entertain Luci all day, through happy and mad, I get to come home and be goofy dad. People say having a baby is hard, but I feel as though I don't know half of how hard it really is. Either way, I wish I could take pictures of Luci cuddling Maja every morning, but most of the time she has her hands wrapped around Maja's chestal area.

Maja starts school in less than a month, she has a few prerequisits to finish before her post-grad in the fall. I'm still planning on doing Creative Writing, but still leaving Law up in the air. I have a feeling I'm going to like Creative Writing enough to pursue a post grad in it, or even do some editorial stuff. I dunno, I guess lately I've had a lot of time to think about it, as my motivation to get away from sales is still strong. I guess I'd just like to get through school by the time I'm 30, but we'll see.

I think that sums up some of the things going on. I work for Sprint now... at least for the next 6 months, 'til school starts. Luci's getting tired, so I better wrap this up so that Maja can read it and be satisfied and surprised that I actually finished it.

Sha-bam!

5 comments:

Peace is every step said...

YAY! I'm glad you've accomplished your first post.

Maja-you go girl. Keep them punches going. I agree he needs to man up. Big time. :O)

I love hearing about Luci cuddled up to her "breast friend". I have such fond memories of those moments with my own.

Way to go with the school thing. Slow down Adam-one step at a time...just get your undergrad first and worry about the rest later!! Are you going to start out at the community college? That's a good way to try programs out & not spend a ton.

sha-sitzal

Lorrie said...

Yay! So glad you are blogging so I can see and read more about what you are all up to, especially my beautiful niece (:
About the punches-I am sure Maja had her reasons and probably was provoked. (:
Glad school is still in your future-you'll finally find the career you have been searching for.

sha-pow!

Chris said...

YAY! So glad to see you FINALLY finished a post! :) Love hearing about your life together--and the 'deserved, I'm sure' punches in the night.
Post more pics of my beautiful neice. Can't get enough of those.
Glad to hear that school is still on the go for fall. I agree with Dani...take it one step at a time. It'll all fall into place.

Sha-boggle!

Peace is every step said...

Time for a new blog post, bro.



Shaaaaa bing.

The Spirit said...

Beautiful picture of the little "LeBon" Girl! You probably deserved to get punched...so "man up"!

One more thing my son...what does "counter blog" mean? I'll still be able to bike won't I?

Love you son...when you write about the two awesome women in your life I can't get any prouder (is that a word?) of you then I am right now.